Sunday, December 26, 2004
Introduction:
Cuba was a great holiday - I strongly encourage everyone to go to the Sol Rio Luna & Mares Resort! (http://www.conquestvacations.com/hotels/RIOL.html)
It was completely beautiful with lots of sun, very little rain, beautiful blue, green and Cain waters along beadle ivory white sandy beaches with palm trees scattered all over.
The people there were very nice, people from Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy and Poland (and some Asian people were there, but not sure which country) were at the resort. There were plenty of nice women to look at, I'm sure the same goes in the opposite way for women, there were even some men who wore thong so women reading this, better grab your stuff and head to Cuba! The workers say only 11 Americans have stayed at the Luna & Mares resort for the year 2004.
The food and drinks there were good. There were 6 different restaurants on the resort, one at Luna was an Italian restaurant for dinner and another one at Mares was a Mexican restaurant, there were two on the beach (one was open only for lunch time) and there was one buffet place for breakfast and dinner in Luna and Mares. I sure hope I did not gain a lot of weight from having buffet breakfasts and dinners almost everyday!
A note for vegetarians: There were a lot of food that contained meat, I was not really looking forward eating meat in Cuba after literally not eating much meat for the last 3 or 4 weeks before going to Cuba. I decided to be flexible and not restrict myself to only vegetables because almost ALL the foods with vegetables had meat and it would have been very boring to avoid them because the food with vegetable were usually blank and never varied everyday. My brother was able to live through one week by only eating more eggs, cheese and regular milk than he normally ate.
There were 7 bars on the resort so there was plenty to drink there, drank a lot of Cuban local beer, Cuba Libra, Havana Special, moist, El Presidente, Pina Cola, and lots of wine too! It would have been a great place to party hard during spring breaks - maybe I should get a bunch of friends together for a spring break trip!
There were plenty of activities to do at the resort, I got to do some archery, hiking, horseback riding, wind surfing, kyaking, hobitcroft (sp?), snorkeling, bocce, chess, beach volleyball and water polo along with lots of relaxing on the beach.
There were plenty of events at night time, there was a water dancing show, Cuban ballet dancing, some audience shows, dancing, and a fashion show that I saw, but did not really pay attention to because it was mainly based on music. There was a giant chess board on the floor/beach and some billiard and ping pong tables to play against other people.
Overall, I would recommend a trip to Cuba for everyone - I think 7 days might have been a bit too long, maybe 5 days would be better. I would recommend Luna & Mares after visiting several resorts nearby - you get to use two resorts for the price of one compared to the others that are single and may cost more money.
I will try to type my entire week and post photos of my trip when I have more time.
Regards,
195
A word on the people in Cuba:
We talked to some Cuban people - they seem to really LOVE Fidel Castro and seem to feel comfortable living with an average wage of 10 Peso per month, they seem to have computers and adequate homes, some of them seem to have nice classic American cars and my brother asked one of them if they wanted to travel to other countries (Cuba does not allow them to travel to other countries) and the dude said no because he's happy with the hot weather, beach and all the women.
So I guess we should not feel that Fidel Castro is a cruel president, George F. Bush needs to visit Cuba and see how the Cubans live, how they feel about Fidel Castro - it is absurd to say socialism is bad when you have not been there and get to hear the opinion of the Cuban citizens. The Cubans in Florida probably represent a small fraction of the population in Cuba and are just bitter at how Fidel Castro nationalized American owned corporations to make Cuba a better country.
It was completely beautiful with lots of sun, very little rain, beautiful blue, green and Cain waters along beadle ivory white sandy beaches with palm trees scattered all over.
The people there were very nice, people from Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy and Poland (and some Asian people were there, but not sure which country) were at the resort. There were plenty of nice women to look at, I'm sure the same goes in the opposite way for women, there were even some men who wore thong so women reading this, better grab your stuff and head to Cuba! The workers say only 11 Americans have stayed at the Luna & Mares resort for the year 2004.
The food and drinks there were good. There were 6 different restaurants on the resort, one at Luna was an Italian restaurant for dinner and another one at Mares was a Mexican restaurant, there were two on the beach (one was open only for lunch time) and there was one buffet place for breakfast and dinner in Luna and Mares. I sure hope I did not gain a lot of weight from having buffet breakfasts and dinners almost everyday!
A note for vegetarians: There were a lot of food that contained meat, I was not really looking forward eating meat in Cuba after literally not eating much meat for the last 3 or 4 weeks before going to Cuba. I decided to be flexible and not restrict myself to only vegetables because almost ALL the foods with vegetables had meat and it would have been very boring to avoid them because the food with vegetable were usually blank and never varied everyday. My brother was able to live through one week by only eating more eggs, cheese and regular milk than he normally ate.
There were 7 bars on the resort so there was plenty to drink there, drank a lot of Cuban local beer, Cuba Libra, Havana Special, moist, El Presidente, Pina Cola, and lots of wine too! It would have been a great place to party hard during spring breaks - maybe I should get a bunch of friends together for a spring break trip!
There were plenty of activities to do at the resort, I got to do some archery, hiking, horseback riding, wind surfing, kyaking, hobitcroft (sp?), snorkeling, bocce, chess, beach volleyball and water polo along with lots of relaxing on the beach.
There were plenty of events at night time, there was a water dancing show, Cuban ballet dancing, some audience shows, dancing, and a fashion show that I saw, but did not really pay attention to because it was mainly based on music. There was a giant chess board on the floor/beach and some billiard and ping pong tables to play against other people.
Overall, I would recommend a trip to Cuba for everyone - I think 7 days might have been a bit too long, maybe 5 days would be better. I would recommend Luna & Mares after visiting several resorts nearby - you get to use two resorts for the price of one compared to the others that are single and may cost more money.
I will try to type my entire week and post photos of my trip when I have more time.
Regards,
195
A word on the people in Cuba:
We talked to some Cuban people - they seem to really LOVE Fidel Castro and seem to feel comfortable living with an average wage of 10 Peso per month, they seem to have computers and adequate homes, some of them seem to have nice classic American cars and my brother asked one of them if they wanted to travel to other countries (Cuba does not allow them to travel to other countries) and the dude said no because he's happy with the hot weather, beach and all the women.
So I guess we should not feel that Fidel Castro is a cruel president, George F. Bush needs to visit Cuba and see how the Cubans live, how they feel about Fidel Castro - it is absurd to say socialism is bad when you have not been there and get to hear the opinion of the Cuban citizens. The Cubans in Florida probably represent a small fraction of the population in Cuba and are just bitter at how Fidel Castro nationalized American owned corporations to make Cuba a better country.
Comments:
<< Home
wow, Cuba sounds nice! I love resorts, and I guess I'll have to be a citzen elsewhere to visit there. Many Canadians, Sweds n germans here too. \very few Americans, don't know why. i guess Americans nowadays have too much pride to visit elsewhere because they think their country is the best.
The hostel im staying at right now is a huge canada fan, and everywhere i go i see canadian flags on tourists' backpacks (which reminded me of our debate on why you see american flags everywhere). heh even jeff is getting sick of seeing canadians here- most of them are from satachkawn (cant spell it) and they all appear to be nerdy. :)
tell frecklesfly (im assuming thats rachy? :)) thank you 100 times!!! :) Jeff did ask me if legolas was still alive AND we assumed so cuz we haven't heard from you about him. heh so it's good to know!
Glkad u're safe back in rochester, didnt get shot or pinched by castro. heehee.
The hostel im staying at right now is a huge canada fan, and everywhere i go i see canadian flags on tourists' backpacks (which reminded me of our debate on why you see american flags everywhere). heh even jeff is getting sick of seeing canadians here- most of them are from satachkawn (cant spell it) and they all appear to be nerdy. :)
tell frecklesfly (im assuming thats rachy? :)) thank you 100 times!!! :) Jeff did ask me if legolas was still alive AND we assumed so cuz we haven't heard from you about him. heh so it's good to know!
Glkad u're safe back in rochester, didnt get shot or pinched by castro. heehee.
Howdy,
That's GREAT to hear that you had great time in Cuba, and you needed the break :)
I'm having a great time in Australia even though Australia is a shitty country... no offense...
I'm getting more tan and I want to be Black before I leave Australia..
Have a great NYE and enjoy the rest of the quarter..
I would like to visit cuba someday :)
maybe for the spring break in 2006
238
That's GREAT to hear that you had great time in Cuba, and you needed the break :)
I'm having a great time in Australia even though Australia is a shitty country... no offense...
I'm getting more tan and I want to be Black before I leave Australia..
Have a great NYE and enjoy the rest of the quarter..
I would like to visit cuba someday :)
maybe for the spring break in 2006
238
Lore,
You do not need to be a citizen of another country, Cuba allows Americans to enter, it's America's goddamn communist president that is preventing Americans from going to Cuba.
If you want to go to Cuba, just drive to Toronto and take a plane to Cuba. Do not worry, the Cubans will not stamp your passport, they didn't stamp my passport, just be sure to bring Canadian or Euro dollars instead of American money cuz there is a 10% tax on American dollars.
More than 200,000 Americans went to Cuba in 2004.
195
Post a Comment
You do not need to be a citizen of another country, Cuba allows Americans to enter, it's America's goddamn communist president that is preventing Americans from going to Cuba.
If you want to go to Cuba, just drive to Toronto and take a plane to Cuba. Do not worry, the Cubans will not stamp your passport, they didn't stamp my passport, just be sure to bring Canadian or Euro dollars instead of American money cuz there is a 10% tax on American dollars.
More than 200,000 Americans went to Cuba in 2004.
195
<< Home
